Monday, October 15, 2007

video - DADADADADADADADADADADADADA

This documentary, The ABCs of DADA, was shown in my high school senior art class randomly one day. It blew my mind, my jaw feel from my skull and I watched with awe and wonder. My narrow-minded peers were annoyed and ignored the video, many slept--how, I am not sure. I never seen anything like this before that monumental day, my instructor wanted to play something to keep us busy while she graded, read, and/or to just keep us quiet. I also would like to add, there was little discussion or lecture over art history, except the more popular movements: Surrealism, Renaissance, Impressionism, PopArt, and anything documented in the World History class. I asked for a copy of the video but forgot my teacher's email address, but thanks to the magic of youtube--we can enjoy the video anytime we wish to stream.

ABCs of DADA part one

ABCs of DADA part two

ABCs of DADA part three

No comments: